Joyful, Mindful and Sure Beginnings
For children 8 weeks to 15 months old, with a parent or caregiver.
Mondays, 11:30am - 1:00pm
2018 Fall Session: October 15 - December 10 (8 weeks, no class Nov. 12), $160.
2019 Winter Session: January 7 - March 25 (9 weeks, no class Jan 21, Feb 18, March 11), $180.
2019 Spring Session: April 15 - June 3 (7 weeks, no class May 27), $140.
*Sessions are subject to a minimum enrollment of 3 families. Tuition is due in full before each session begins.
Led by an experienced Waldorf early childhood teacher, this class meets once a week, providing mindful and joyful explorations of parenting and child development.
- Explore mindful practices in a warm, supportive environment to help support balance, meaning and connection in your daily family life.
- Practice observing and understanding your child as they grow.
- Discover how infants and young children learn through play and exploratory movement. Recognize and support children's developing interests, motor abilities, social interactions and problem solving skills.
- Gain awareness in activities, materials, games and toys that support a sound and nourishing sensory development for your child.
- Learn songs, lap games and stories.
- Experience the unique and nurturing Waldorf classroom environment.
- A small organic snack will be provided for toddlers and interested eaters.
community and play
For children 18* -36 months old, with a parent or caregiver.
Mondays OR Fridays, 9:00 - 11:00 am
2018 Monday Fall Session: September 17 - December 17 (12 weeks; no class on Oct. 8, Nov. 12), $336.
2018 Friday Fall Session: September 14 - December 14 (12 weeks; no class on Nov. 2, 23), $336.
2019 Monday Winter/Spring Session: January 7 - June 3 (16 weeks; no class on Jan. 21, Feb. 18, March 11, April 1, 8, May 27), $448.
2019 Friday Winter/Spring Session: January 11 - May 31 (16 weeks; no class on Feb. 15, 22, April 5, 12, May 3), $448.
*Children may begin class at a younger age if they are confident walkers. Tuition due in full at the start of each session, or sign up for the year (two sessions) and pay monthly September - June.
Led by an experienced Waldorf early childhood teacher, this class meets once a week to provide a sanctuary of safe play for your toddler and an oasis of calm and friendship for parents and caregivers. Each class provides:
- The same daily rhythm, to nurture children’s security and familiarity.
- Circle time with songs and simple puppet play.
- Warm, homemade organic bread for snack time.
- Inside play in one of our soothing, early childhood classrooms.
- Beautifully, simple toys, made of natural materials, that stimulate open-ended play and develop imaginations.
- Outside play in our sunny fully-enclosed play yard, with a large sand pit and jungle gym to develop large motor skills, balance and coordination.
- Adult enrichment, including discussions and articles on parenting and child development.
- An opportunity for parents to seek advice and support from one another, as well as benefit from the teacher's extensive experience in early childhood education.