Job Openings At Madrona School
Program Director - salaried, benefitted full-time position for SY 2018-19
Inspiring a culture of collaboration, the Program Director will work in close partnership with the Head of School to ensure that the faculty carries out its responsibilities in fulfilling the school’s mission to provide a joy-filled, developmentally attuned Waldorf education. We are looking for a leader who is motivated to serve our community of teachers, students and parents. Building a trusting rapport with the teachers and staff as a servant-leader will be essential to the success of this role. The Program Director reports directly to the Head of School.
Responsibilities will grow to include
- Overseeing and guiding program delivery and development
- Providing faculty support, organizing mentoring and fostering healthy peer support programs
- Maintaining effective communications and cultivating strong relationships with families
- Cultivating relationships with students
- Guiding the AWSNA self-study process Phase I in 2019-20.
- Attending to various administrative aspects of scheduling, documentation of decisions, organizing and motivating project teams, etc.
Experience and Skills
- Fully-trained Waldorf teacher with substantial grades teaching experience
- Desire to work with teachers in an administrative leadership position
- Experience with counseling and/or providing education support services
- Excellent listening, writing and conversational skills
- Basic computer skills (word processing and simple spreadsheets minimum) and competence using email as a professional communication tool
- Strong leadership skills combined with an attitude of collegiality and being a team player
Submit letter of interest and resume to Missi Goss, Head of School, firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone inquiries welcome. Salary DOE.