Typically for children 2 - 3 years old
Tuesday - Thursday, 8:45 - 11:45 am
(choose two or three-day attendance)
For children ready to enjoy a little independence from their parents, our preschool provides a gentle transition from home to school. Our warm, cozy atmosphere offers an aesthetically robust sensory environment that engages the children physically, emotionally and imaginatively. Rooted in the Waldorf early childhood foundations of living a healthy rhythm, developing physically through movement, encouraging creative play, nourishing the senses, and inspiring wonder, our program offers discovery-based, hands-on learning.
Our morning preschool is led by an expert early childhood teacher and a trained assistant, with a class for up to 12 children, and includes:
- Lots of learning by doing using real tools: making bread, chopping fruit, cleaning paint jars.
- Integrated sensory-motor activities, such as building with large blocks, modeling play dough and swinging.
- Daily circle time to develop musical and oral literacy, with daily puppet stories and seasonal songs integrated with movement.
- A social, family-style snack time with a warm organic meal, fresh fruit, cloth napkins and real dishes.
- Beautiful, simple toys made of natural materials such as wood, wool or silk, that stimulate open-ended play and develop imaginations.
- Outside play every day, rain or shine, in our bright, fully-enclosed play yard, where the children take great delight in planting flowers, hauling loads in wheelbarrows, digging in the large sand pit and climbing on the play structure, activities that develop large motor skills, balance and coordination.
To find out more, or to arrange a tour of our school, fill out our inquiry form, or call the school office at (206) 855-8041.
"Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood."